NimenrixTM, a quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine against serogroup A, C, W135 & Y, provides persistent protection to individuals aged from 6 weeks without an upper age limit1-5. Individuals aged 1 or above only need one convenient dose1. It also is the only quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine approved by the European Medicine Agency (EMA) & HK Department of Health for individuals aged from 6 weeks in Hong Kong6-7. NimenrixTM has been registered in over 60 countries and areas worldwide8. It is a booster dose to individuals previously vaccinated with a plain polysaccharide meningococcal vaccine.1 Take Action NOW to protect your beloved by vaccination!
- NimenrixTM (Meningococcal group A, C, W-135 and Y conjugate vaccine) Prescribing Information. Pfizer Corporation Hong Kong Limited Version December 2016.
- Vesikari T, Forsten A, Bianco V, Van der Wielen M, Miller JM. Antibody persistence up to 5 years after vaccination of toddlers and children between 12 months and 10 years of age with a quadrivalent meningococcal ACWY-tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine. Human vaccines & immunotherapeutics. 2016 Jan 2;12(1):132-9.
- Lee CJ, Lee LH, Koizumi K. Polysaccharide vaccines for prevention of encapsulated bacterial infections: part 1. Infections in medicine. 2002;19(3):127-33.
- Baxter R, Baine Y, Kolhe D, Baccarini CI, Miller JM, Van der Wielen M. Five-year antibody persistence and booster response to a single dose of meningococcal A, C, W and Y tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine in adolescents and young adults: an open, randomized trial. The Pediatric infectious disease journal. 2015 Nov 1;34(11):1236-43.
- Borja-Tabora CF, Montalban C, Memish ZA, Boutriau D, Kolhe D, Miller JM, Van der Wielen M. Long-term immunogenicity and safety after a single dose of the quadrivalent meningococcal serogroups A, C, W, and Y tetanus toxoid conjugate vaccine in adolescents and adults: 5-year follow-up of an open, randomized trial. BMC infectious diseases. 2015 Dec;15(1):409.
- European Medicines Agency. Nimenrix. Available at https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicines/human/EPAR/nimenrix. Accessed 19 June 2019.
- Drug Office, Department of Health. Search Drugs Database: Nimenrix Vaccine. Available at http://www.drugoffice.gov.hk/eps/drug/productDetail/en/consumer/117258. Accessed 24 June 2019.
- Data on file – Global Regulatory System: Worldwide Registration Status of Nimenrix. Pfizer Inc.